Re: Ironing Board Cover

Cat - N

As I understand it, a fabric capable of withstanding higher heat should be chosen for covering ironing boards.  There is a fabric that can be purchased, either pre-quilted or not...Joann's and other fabric outlets sell it...or 100% cotton can be used.  Cotton will, of course, scorch or worse if an iron sole plate is set on it and allowed to just stay in place, however, I have made a travel, roll-up pressing cloth using cotton and two layers of Insul-Brite, and I have had no issues with it for the little I use it.  I only press on the 'plain' side...there is jumbo rick rack on the 'pretty' (and quilted) side, and it is a poly/cotton blend so I do not want to put heat on the rick rack.

- Cat (FL)

Does anyone have a suggestion about what fabrics will make a
good ironing board cover??  My ironing board is very old, so
it is larger than the ones out there now, so none of those covers
will work.

Thanks,
Joyce