Re: Quilting question

Joyce VanAtta

A lady in my quilt group said in order to really stitch in the ditch,
the seams should be pressed open in order to have a "ditch".
It makes sense when I think about it.
She did not mention anything about stitch length.

I made a half square triangle quilt and had a question about the bulk
in the seams.  Again, someone in class said she presses her seams
open then too.  I will have to try that next time.

Does anyone have a suggestion about what fabrics will make a
good ironing board cover??  My ironing board is very old, so
it is larger than the ones out there now, so none of those covers
will work.

Thanks,
Joyce