Re: MBX v5

Judy Jackson

Hi Nancy,
I actually like the idea of a tech taking remote control! I am so non technical that hope someone else could do it for me. I can’t see it happening though!
As for the Coral part of the program I don’t think it’s ever worked, so obviously I had done something wrong when I first installed it 3 or more years ago.
Judy.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 at 22:23, Nancy Reynolds via Groups.Io <n.holloway70=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The problem with uninstalling is the corel portion of the program, Janome tech said un-installing the program will require you to allow the tech to remotely take control of your PC to reinstall Corel, this was when version 5 was new so they may have resolved that now

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 11:36 AM, onlinesewing@...
When MBX V5 is installed it creates a file containing a "footprint" of the machine. If MBX V5 is removed, that footprint may also be removed. I don't know enough about how the process works to know whether it would recreate the same footprint and not use an activation. However there is a tool to transfer the activation to a new machine: Digitizer V5.0 Activation (Software License) Transfer Program. If you use that prior to uninstalling it may preserve the activation. If not, and you have only used one, you should still be good on reinstalling.