Re: Accessories Janome S9

SparkleFever

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 08:51 pm, Mary Mills wrote:
'dual feet" accessories?  Are they the equivalent of walking feet in other Janome machines
 Yes they are used in the same way as the even feed foot only better in some ways, for example they're not as bulky and there is a dual feed zipper foot as well.  It's very useful indeed.

The 9 has the set of twin dual feed feet (AD, UD and OD) and the set of single dual feed feet (VD and ED)

Depending on what you sew, I recommend getting the concealed zipper foot if you do dressmaking and lots more spare bobbins.
received in the box is a roll of felt and a roll of plastic
I don't know so guessing - maybe the felt is a sample for you to try out some stitches or to try embroidering a design.
No idea about the plastic.
Something that I like that came with my Janome (different model) is the (peelable) rectangle of plastic that is placed on the freearm near the needle plate to protect that part of the bed from scratches or rubbing marks from the movement of embroidery hoops

Enjoy your wonderful machine
--
SparkleFever