Re: MBX Problems!!!!!

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

For exception access violation problems there are a couple of things you should try:
1. From the MBX Windows menu (Start -> All Programs -> Janome Digitizer MBX) choose "Delete Recovery Files". If, in the heat of editing and designing, a design gets corrupted and causes a crash, Digitizer MBX will attempt to recover it by re-opening an auto-saved copy. If that copy also happens to be corrupt you get into a crash loop. Using this option will purge all saved copies and allow the program to open normally.

2. Another crash-maker is corrupt default settings. In the very early days of Digitizer corrupt defaults were solved by uninstall-reinstall, but thankfully there is a program to do that for us now. Using the same menu as above, choose "Revert" and select all available options. This will reset the defaults of Digitizer MBX back to their initially installed values. Usually this will fix most problems.

I'm guessing that you are in the US. If so, you may have received the first release of MBX. There is an update for that version here:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_mbx_v40k.html
This may not correct your crash/freeze problems, but you should definitely update to 4.0K if you are not there now.

If you continue to have freezing problems it could still be a hardware problem. The CPU fan may not be properly attached to the heat sink. You would not notice this with programs that don't do a lot of "work", as they computer doesn't get hot enough. It might be worth installing a temperature monitoring program, at least temporarily, so you can see if the freezing happens when the CPU is very hot (How ironic!). Google this:
cpu temperature monitor
There are lots of these out there, many completely free. Good luck!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "sbspicer" <sbspicer@...> wrote:

Hi Jim
thanks for reply, not wanted I really wanted to hear:-(
my PC is only 2 months old as is an All in one touch screen desktop operating on Windows 7, PC is not freezing up, just MBX everything else working Ok,I have had a couple of error messages one says There was a problem sending command to the program
the other system error, exception access violation
excepton code:c000005
exception flags:0
exception address:0064245B
number paramaters:
statup addres:006219F0
offset of exception:00020A6B, to me complete gobeledy gook maybe they mean something to you or a learned friend out there.
Kind Regards
Sandra

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@> wrote:

Aaack!!! Your dealer did you no favors! The usual uninstall/reinstall shuffle should not be used with MBX. It will prevent the Corel option from reinstalling correctly. You may need help from Janome to get it reinstalled, as there are some internal Windows settings that need to be adjusted.

The sudden freezing up could be from many different things. If you've had your computer for a while (3 years or more) it could be overheating. This comes from accumulated dust and dirt that gets sucked into the computer, and sometimes the cooling fan itself stops working. You may not notice at all until you use a program that requires a lot of CPU power, which Digitizer MBX definitely does. The computer chip inside the computer monitors the temperature, and if it gets too high it will stop working to prevent itself from being damaged.

If your computer is a desktop, you can probably remove one of the covers. Unplug everything, take off one or both covers and vacuum out all the dust. Compressed air can be used to blow dust out of crevices, like the fins of the heat sink that the cooling fan rests on. Once everything is clean you can put it back together, but before you put on the final cover plug it in and turn it on just long enough to verify that the fans are all working. If any are not working, replace them.

Laptops are tougher, because they are full of tiny parts and just taking one apart is a big challenge. If the computer is a laptop, have it checked by a professional. Cooling fans often fail in laptops, and need to be replaced.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "sbspicer" <sbspicer@> wrote:

Hi there
I sure hope some one can help me, I was using MBX this morning (UK) when suddenly it stared freezing up for no apparent reason, I switched PC off/on several times and neither time would the programme open again.
I called my dealer who said to uninstall and then re install programme,
I have been trying this and settings etc for around 8 hours now and ready for pulling my hair out,any help would be very gratefully received.
TIA everyone.
Kind Regards
Sandra