Re: Piecing Question-suggestion and another question!

Cheryl Paul

Oh, Barbara Jean, can't you imagine the fun we'd have. I agree with you but I'm sure I'd be one of those that forgot to change something and end up with a broken needle or two. So far I've been lucky. One time I forgot to change the plate on my Horizon 7700 and hobbled my fabric to the foot and needle plate when I changed to zig zag - lucky that the default was the same width. Can you imagine how cross I was when the fabric didn't feed. I was also stupidly angry at the machine - like "what's wrong with this thing?" mad.

I'm glad we challenge the designers - they need our input so that everything gets improved with our machines and the next ones to come.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "gbmko" <gbmko@...> wrote:

Speaking of "straight stitch foot", quilting, etc, first of all I want to say I absolutely love the 9mm stitch width for the beautiful decorative stitches, BUT, when I do a pattern that has 12 points coming together, I haven't even attempted it on the 12000, as I don't think I'd get the perfection I attain when I use up to a 5.5 mm width machine only, as I want the straight stitch plate, and the 1/4 inch foot, and for the fabric to be going over both feed dogs, which just isn't possible with a center needle position on a 9 mm machine sewing a 1/4 inch seam. So, to be perfect, the included straight stitch/embroidery plate, needed to have a puka (Hawaiian for hole)on the right at the scant 1/4 inch needle position (or a seperate plate?), with a straight stitch 1/4 inch foot! Ah, if the Janome designers just included those of us in this group, imagine what the machine would include and be capable of doing...or we would in reality probably just drive them crazy! Barbara Jean

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@> wrote:
And yes, it's puzzling why a machine that has had so much attention paid to quilting would not come with a straight stitch foot!