Re: Digitizing software

SparkleFever

The difficulty for beginners is that when they are looking around, they don't know what they don't know.
It's the same with sewing machines, embroidery machines, overlockers/sergers, coverstitch machines and with digitising software.
The package is only a tool that we use to digitise a design and it's often learning the process of digitising that is the most important part.

It's not always the price of the package that matters in the long run and everyone has their own preferences about which of the many different packages available they like and there are pros and cons with all of them.

My personal preference is for Hatch or Janome Digitiser V5 over Embird any day because I prefer the user interface and I find the mechanics of using the programme to create a design is more straight forward.  There's nothing wrong with Embird or many of the other packages per sae.  Thanks to what I've learnt from some amazingly generous people I know that I can digitise an acceptable design on most software packages, I'd just have to find out which buttons or menus to use to do what I want.  However, that's not the situation that a beginner faces.

--
SparkleFever