Re: Another question

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The QV and QO feet work best on thinner quilts, while PD-H (the hopping foot) works best for high loft quilts. Either will work with the straight stitch needle plate, but with PD-H you must be careful not to change from the center needle position. For best tension use the Application key (T-shirt) and choose Quilting -> Free Quilting. Straight stitches 1 & 2 will work with the straight stitch plate, but not the zigzag stitches 1 & 2.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <csarina43@...> wrote:

Can you use the straight stitch needle plate when free motion quilting?????

Yesterday I tired using the free motion quilting programme and the clear foot on the 12000, I did not like it at all, the tension was awful especially on curves with long stitches pulled through to the back making it look loopy. So I changed to FMQ the old way by dropping the feed dogs and using what I call the hopper quilting foot, much better result.

It then occured to me that you could use the straight stitch plate as you are moving the fabric and the needle is just going up and down....