Re: Hoops for 12k

Pixey

Since the group is now also about other Janome machines...

To be honest the smaller, closer fitting hoops are the thing I love the most about my Janome 500e.  For doing close-in garment embellishment, especially if I am playing with appliqué and trimming fabric, they beat even the 12000/15000 5x7 hoop.  But for bigger projects and anything quilting related, that machine doesn’t have much throat area or the GR and quilting hoops like the 12000/15000.

As I keep explaining to my husband, there is no ideal, perfect single machine for all embroidery applications.  Fortunately, his hobbies tend to have the same issues, so he does understand.

Pixey

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 13, 2018, at 5:30 AM, Mary Ann <marysew@...> wrote:

I wish i had a hoop smaller than the sq14 but larger than fa10 to do tab shirts n childrens smaller clothes.
It is hard to hoop the big border around the sq14.  I had the 10k and loved the square 5x5 hoop.  Any suggestions? Thanks  Mary