for jim

maggie cooper

Jim, did you know Yahoo stopped supporting yahoo groups back in 2014, and Verizon doesn't appear to want to take them on. I've reluctantly started a new one on groups@io. What is so aggravating is Yahoo didn't inform anyone which has meant many groups have been left high and dry as owners can't access them.

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Groups/Problem-sending-emails-to-yahoo-groups-from-yahoo-mail-account/m-p/427535/highlight/true?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma#M6396

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451

Maggie cooper

Clearly I need to spend less time making software and more time following Yahoo, although Yahoo has given me a wealth of reasons to detest them. Many thanks for the heads-up.

To all members: We will begin taking steps immediately to move the group to groups.io. You can visit that page now to see the advantages that it offers over Yahoo. For now you don't need to do anything. Once the transfer is ready to begin I will email all members with further instructions.

Once again, Maggie, I owe you one!