Applique

JoAnn Novak

 I want to thank each person that sent me information on applique.  I truly

 appreciate all the emails.

 I am in the process of reading and re reading each email, so I can learn and hopefully

 get better.

 Love this group.  I do learn so much for all of you.

  Merry Christmas,  JoAnn

Hello Joann. I sent you a long email with photos that may have gone to your spam folder. And I forgot to mention I use a glue stick (another lady said she uses glue dot. Just as good) to hold my pieces in place until I either hand appliqué or machine appliqué them.

I am not an expert, but I’ve spent a lot of time this last year on one method of appliqué—by Lori Holt.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2017, at 3:57 PM, JoAnn Novak vinjosew@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

  Thank you

  Sounds like great advice.

  JoAnn

Use quality thread. All threads don’t glide the same way.

Practice on scrap.

Go slowly.

Make notes of threads and stitch width and length you like.

Accept the fact that perfection is not achievable. Really good IS achievable.