Re: Interesting info about bobbins

J Fraker

I use a Sidewinder all the time.  You can change the bobbin winding tension and how much to fill the bobbin.  It does take a little experimenting to the get the tension just right, but for me, it is a nice timesaver.  I have one of those that will wind both regular and Class M bobbins for a longarm.  It is one of those tools that works wonderfully if you just take the time to figure out how to use it properly.

From: "'cas' cassweet@... [janome12000]"
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 2:22 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Interesting info about bobbins

There is a whole article on the link below and I found a lot of it very interesting.  Num. 4 makes me wonder if using a bobbin winder like the SideWinder might be a bad idea, since our machines probably know what tension to wind?

4. Plastic bobbins can bulge if filled with too much tension or too tightly.
Filling a sewing machine bobbin too tightly can make a plastic bobbin bulge. This is hard to see the problem, but the bobbin ends up too tall for machine and will cause an awful mess in the bobbin area.

https://www.heirloomcreations.net/10-things-need-know-about-sewing-machine-bobbins/