Interesting info about bobbins

cas <cassweet@...>

There is a whole article on the link below and I found a lot of it very interesting.  Num. 4 makes me wonder if using a bobbin winder like the SideWinder might be a bad idea, since our machines probably know what tension to wind?

4. Plastic bobbins can bulge if filled with too much tension or too tightly.
Filling a sewing machine bobbin too tightly can make a plastic bobbin bulge. This is hard to see the problem, but the bobbin ends up too tall for machine and will cause an awful mess in the bobbin area.

https://www.heirloomcreations.net/10-things-need-know-about-sewing-machine-bobbins/