Re: Thread jumping out of the takeup lever

Anne Parker

I've had this happen occasionally.  When it happened to me I put my finger nail under the latch on the take up lever and very gently pulled it up a bit as it appeared to flat against the take up lever - so much so I never even noticed it a first.  I think  it was sliding past the latch rather than going under it.  So when I raised it gently the thread could then go under and not over it.  I've never had the problem since.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." Max Ehrmann