Re: 15000 update

Beverly Kern

Is there a group for the  Janome 500E Embroidery  machine  I love it if have had it over a year. I however  do not have  any experience  with the program. STITCH editor Jef. My other  embroidery  machine  that I sold was a Babylock  that I have had for 10 years. So when I sold it I kept my programs, Custom  Works, Designers Gallery, etc.
So I need to join a great  group to learn this program, like Jim has set up for you all.
Della

On Oct 26, 2017 3:54 PM, "Anne Parker lokicat6@... [janome12000]" <janome12000@...> wrote:

All I can say is that I'm glad I've decided not to upgrade.  I'm not a quilt maker and have a perfectly functioning machine and needle threader.  I don't intend to trade in my 15000 so it makes no difference to anyone but me.  I hope others don't feel pressurised into upgrading just because there is an upgrade.

I think you need to assess what you want the machine for.  Will the upgrade give you any more functionality that you really need? The 15000 actually does more than I ever really wanted a new machine for.

I'm happy with my machine - that has never so far needed any maintenance or adjustment - and will spend the extra pennies on other things and new feet and thread and fabric that I need for the 15000 and the other machines I have, - and maybe look at getting a cutting machine or other feet (probably generic) for the 15000 and the other machines I own that help me to do what I want to do.

I'm happy for those that have had a good experience with the upgrade provided it has given you actual functions that you want.  If it has given you functions that you don't use - what is the point?

I have to say that unless I was a member of this forum I wouldn't even know there was an upgrade/update to quilt maker.  I haven't received any messages from Janome UK or from the dealer that was allocated the discount for looking after my machine when I bought directly from a show.

Has anyone in UK received any communication about this update/upgrade at all from Janome UK or their dealer without them asking about it?

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." Max Ehrmann