Re: My 15000 won’t sew with polyester thread

Claire Schutz

Maria, don't know if mentioned before but when this happens, open the side door and see if the thread came out of the take-up lever.  If that happens you will always have this problem.  The dealer can make some kind of adjustment if necessary.  Always use the lock out key when threading.  The reason I say this is because I have had this problem in the past.  This is a beautiful machine, you will get "there",  Claire S

On 10/26/2017 7:12 PM, Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@... [janome12000] wrote:

Thank you everyone for input on the thread. I had a very experienced friend look at it today. She felt it is a tension issue because it jams all up in the bobbin. Then when I could get it going a bit, once every now and then, well then the top thread shows on the bottom. I tried adjusting tension in settings one number at a time both plus and minus and it did nothing about the thread showing.

I’m taking it in to the wonderful dealer in Harahan, LA, “All About Sewing” tomorrow. He said he will sit with me and determine if it’s the machine (or me—he didn’t say that though). I am open to the possibility that as a 1-year sewist, it could be me.   However,
For the first 6 months I’ve had thr 15000, it sewed fine with these same threads. So really, I don’t think it’s me.

Anyway, I appreciate the input.  I’m going to try various threads tonight and take him samples tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 26, 2017, at 2:58 PM, Anne Parker lokicat6@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I can use any thread I like on my 15000 - even cheap thread from India and China, provided I check that it is wound tightly - a few spools from some of the batches are pants - then I just stick a red headed pin in the reel so I know to check stitching on my other machines before using.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." Max Ehrmann