The upgrade

cas <cassweet@...>

I wondered the same thing as some of you, why bother with the upgrade if you’re happy with the machine?

The upgrade does turn it into a Horizon Quilt Maker Memory Craft 15000, equivalent to the newest machine they sell:

http://www.janome.com/en/products/machines/15000/

It is super nice they upgrade the machine with these new features for only $150.00 instead of us having to buy a new top of the line machine.  I’ve noticed another brand has a brand new machine as well as another one coming out in a few months.  They seem to sell a new machine for new ideas even though the machines are almost identical.  This update includes some of those ideas, like the “stitch creator“ AcuStitch” and tapered stitches, similar to directional stitching.

I’m wondering, you quilters who have upgraded, can you sew a scant ¼” seam with the new foot and plate?  I notice it allows zero adjustment in the width.  Also, I wonder about the fabric feeding through nice since you are not using all the feed dogs.  How is that working out?

Cas