Re: Jeans sewn on the 15000 and Skyline 7 and bulky seam question.

cas <cassweet@...>

Thanks Estelle,

That’s a nice pattern.  I’ve saved it.  Comfort all day is important.  You said you used a light stretch denim, but they look like jeans, not thin like leggings.  I really like them!

I have a craftsy jean making class I’ve put on hold forever too.  And a dressform I’ve yet to sew the moulage for so I can get serious about making clothes.  I’m hard to fit and that pattern looks like just the ticket.  You did such a good job you’re inspiring.  Your tips about sewing the jeans will help all of us.

My 15000 seems to really balk at seams.  Does anyone else notice this?  It has a hard time keeping an even stitch going over quilting seams.  Usually it shortens the stitch or sews in one spot, sometimes I have to manually drag it through.  This is just two pieces of quilting cotton.  It happens at a bulky seam, joining two half square triangles together for example.

Cas