Re: Janome 15000 puckering

Claire Schutz

I would suggest you go to https://lindeegembroidery.com/    on her home page she tells about her videos for puckering. Her information will surprise, we always think of stabilizing first but check out what she tells as the problem.  Great info, Claire S.

On 10/4/2017 6:23 AM, Maria Morrow mariamorrowquilter@... [janome12000] wrote:

Help...need suggestions on a remedy.  My first email had so many typos...no wonder none of you replied lol. If you have any ideas, I'm all ....eyes.  Thanks.

I have just started to try to use decorative stitches on my15000. No matter what I have tried, the fabric is puckering. I am using one or two layers of cotton. I have tried a new needle, new thread , less tension, more tension, re-threading, new sharp needle...I  feel like I have tried everything.

The  first improvement came with heavily starching the fabric, letting it dry,  then ironing it and then sewing   I feel the machine should not make the fabric pucker without all this effort.   Very expensive machine should do all its functions without these issues.

I am new to sewing so I know there are techniques and "tricks". But I read online and tried many things.