Re: Janome 15000 puckering

Maria Morrow

Help...need suggestions on a remedy.  My first email had so many typos...no wonder none of you replied lol. If you have any ideas, I'm all ....eyes.  Thanks.

I have just started to try to use decorative stitches on my15000. No matter what I have tried, the fabric is puckering. I am using one or two layers of cotton. I have tried a new needle, new thread , less tension, more tension, re-threading, new sharp needle...I  feel like I have tried everything.

The  first improvement came with heavily starching the fabric, letting it dry,  then ironing it and then sewing   I feel the machine should not make the fabric pucker without all this effort.   Very expensive machine should do all its functions without these issues.

I am new to sewing so I know there are techniques and "tricks". But I read online and tried many things.