Re: DIME Quilt Topper and Splitting Batting

cas <cassweet@...>

Thanks so much.  I’m really thinking about getting one instead of making one.  I need to order another “F” foot so I could save on shipping.  Has anyone else had their satin stitch “F” foot crack?  A corner of mine broke off.

Cas

No, haven't had that problem.  I do stitch in the ditch around the whole block before starting any other quilting.  This allows me to remove basting pins and keeps everything in place.  This is my first quilt using the embroidery machine, so I don't have all the answers.  I am using smaller designs right now, so I don't know what is going to happen if I stitch designs that extend at or near the outer limits of the hoop.