Re: DIME Quilt Topper and Splitting Batting

Sharon Simmons

May I ask just what the DIME Quilt Topper is?  Is it just the hoops?  Thanks, Sharon

I'm quilting my first whole quilt on the 12000 (not my first quilt, just my first using the embroidery machine).  I purchased the DIME Quilt Topper a few weeks ago, just about the time there was a discussion about it.  I hated it at first because the quilt sandwich was too far above the machine bed.  Turns out that's an operator error on my part.  I am quilting a large lap quilt and had trouble with some designs I was using with a lot of backtracking.  Got those done and am now doing the block corners (triangular shape) and decided to give the Quilt Topper another go.  I love it!  Turns out, I was just keeping the quilt too taut.  I kind of press it down into the hoop, put the quilt topper on, and it is stitching beautifully.  I'm using a single run feather design that I digitized myself with MBX.  It's a huge timesaver because I was going to have to do a lot of re-hooping.  In addition, many thanks to whoever it was that suggested splitting the batting.  Makes everything much easier.  I'm starting the quilting on a second quilt and am doing the center section, then will do each end.