From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 10:26 AM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: RE: [janome12000] 15000 update

Cas,
The J foot and the new ankle (foot holder) both have slants now as the needle threader has been redesigned.  Otherwise the needle threader would hit them.   But make sure that your threader works many times before you leave your dealer.  My thread cutter (on the top left which cuts the needle thread from above) is getting dull so my dealer suggested I not use it before threading the needle.  My needle threader works fine without trimming the thread first but sometimes would snag the thread and give the threader some resistance so it couldn't pull the thread.  I'm fine with not trimming first but Janome tells you to do that which is what you should do if your machine is newer and your thread trimmer is sharp.  I'm going to have my dealer replace it next time it's due for repair but I didn't realize it was getting dull.  It cuts fine for me but guess sometimes just the end that remains on the cutter won't come off as easily as the threader would like.  Just pointing this out so you know what to expect.
Ceil