Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:03 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Flat felled seams in jeans

Hi all,

I am in the middle of making a pair of jeans on my 15000 (and my Skyline 7 while the 15000 is getting its upgrade) and wondered what foot to use for the flat felled seams?

My old Pfaff had a flat felled foot (in two sizes) designed with a large tunnel underneath that funneled the thick seam through so that the stitching was lined up.
On the top of the foot, one side of the foot was higher than the other side to travel over the thicker seam.

I am thinking of using a twin needle to sew the double line of stitches. I have increased the stitch length to 4.0.

Any hints or suggestions on what foot (feet) to use to make this job easier. Janome doesn’t seem to make a flat felled foot.

Estelle