Re: JANOME RULER FOOT

saba_cat2

I have purchased the Ruler Foot and Open Toe Frame #83 76734005 and Convertible Free Motion Quilting Foot Set #202146001.  It now appears that Janome has a new Ruler Work Foot (QR) as part of the the Quilt Maker Accessory Upgrade Kit.  This would then make the prior to item unnecessary?

The ruler foot sold in the Frame Quilting Set was developed for the 1600P series of machines that are often used on quilting frames. Owners of embroidery machines, such as the 15000, discovered that it fit nicely on the Convertible Free Motion set. However if the height of the convertible foot holder was set too high, it could collide with the machine when lifted by the automatic foot lifter - if the latter was also set high. It appears that Janome has realized that the popularity of the foot justified making a set of accessories that could transform the 15000 into a quilting model. Obviously the parts you have purchased will continue to work, but if you get the full upgrade package for your machine your original ruler foot will be redundant. The convertible free motion set will still be a valid addition though.

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 1:36 PM, "iambcdrom@... [janome12000]" wrote:

Thank you Jim. Now to go in an argue with my dealer.  I had the correct numbers to begin with and they said no, the one the sold was correct--

Thanks again, don't know what we'd do without you.

Barbara