Re: janome quilt topper

Pixey

You lay it on the Quilt in line with the hoop and then use the magnets in the topper slots in the same locations that you used the Janome magnets.  I attended a DIME workshop this past weekend at my dealers and got one at a good discount and they showed me how it works.  So I thought it was worth trying.

Also, I learned that they are coming out with some magnetic SNAP Monster hoops for the Janome 500e.  However, I saw one on the demo machine and was NOT impressed with how they designed their latch mechanism to attach it to the machine.  It is all plastic with a twist latch that locks it onto the pins.  It  looked to me to be a really weak part in the overall design. I think it would vibrate loose in time and not hold securely for long term use.

Pixey

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 31, 2017, at 12:28 PM, gail_menard@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Ok, I just got my Janome Quilt Topper and had expected some instructions with it.  Not even a picture of it in use.  Do I just put it on the hoop and put the magnets like I did with the original?

Gail in FL