WiFi

Gail

I just moved to a new house and my laptop cannot find my 15000 in the sewing room.  When I move the machine  closer to the router, it can find it, just not in the sewing room.  My laptop and iPad work in the sewing room fine so I think the Janome must have a weaker signal or something.

There must be some kind of device I can get that will boost the signal to my sewing room.  Does anyone know what that might be and if it's difficult to set up?

Gail in FL

WiFi is based on radio and requires an antenna. The structure of the machine is not really conducive to a world class antenna, and walls inside your home will weaken a signal that's not all that strong to begin with. Because this is such  common problem there are MANY devices available to extend the range of the router. I would suggest a search on Amazon for "WiFi Range Extender". You'll get a huge flood of them. Ignore any with less than 4 stars and less than 100 reviews. Read the reviews, but mainly the 1 and 2 star ones. That's where you find out any problems. For example the Netgear extender badged as "Amazon's Choice" has an average of 4 stars, with more than 20,000 reviews. However there are a lot more negative reviews than you might think. Look at the dates of the bad reviews. If they are more than a year old, it could be a manufacturing or design problem that's been fixed. If you find one that looks promising see if you can buy it locally (Target, Best Buy, Office Depot, Staples). The price may be higher, but if it doesn't work or is too hard to set up it's an easy return.