Re: Ghost Rider

Pat

Speaking of replacing a foot control when the electronics give out.

When my antique (ok, only 1974) Kenmore foot control quit, I pried it apart and noticed a lovely collection of capacitors, transistors, resistors. At least I have to "assume" that's what those colorful parts were. Since, at that time, my machine was so old (at least 30 by then) there weren't replacement parts available, but I lucked out and found an electronics repair person who replaced the errant parts and it worked perfectly. And his fee was ever so reasonable ($20!!!)

I loved that machine, but when I couldn't lower the feed dogs any more, I was forced (tee hee) to do a major upgrade to the 15000.

Just a thought if you have access to a true electronics whiz, and the budget is tight...

Pat

Sent from my iPad