Re: Janome needle threaders

Estelle Torpy

Hi,

I own both a 15000 and a Skyline 7 and use them almost daily. I quilt, sew garments, especially for my two grandchildren and bags. The few times that I have had any problems using the threader on the 15000 was when I was going too fast and didn’t follow the instructions carefully. The Skyline 7 is a bit more straightforward and has never failed to work in the 15 months that I have owned it.

I think both of them are great machines for a variety of sewing operations and I love that they use the same feet and operate almost identically. I have taken both to different quilting retreats and because the 7 is smaller and lighter it worked well when I had to share a table with another quilter. When I had a table to myself I prefer using the 15000 because of the throat space and more lighting available with the pull out light. I have demonstrated Walking Foot quilting and Free-motion quilting with rulers using both machines.

I tell quilters all the time "relax and enjoy the stitching”.
Happy stitching to you with whatever machine makes you happy,

Estelle

On Apr 30, 2017, at 6:33 PM, Josephine Symons jomyra45@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

Thanks for your feedback Kathleen, and also Vikki. Your experience with the needle threader slightly concerns me as I know of several people who've had problems with the needle threader on other Janome models especially the 15,000.  There's nothing more frustrating than a finicky needle threader but I assumed that with the S9 not being so automated it would be more reliable.

Once again any comments?
Many thanks
Emily

On 30 Apr 2017, at 8:10 pm, Kathleen Chevalier kathleensews@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I bought my Skyline 9 about 6 weeks ago. I love it. I haven't done any embroidery yet, but the sewing features are great. I'm having some trouble with the needle threader, but others with higher end machines have problems, too.

---
Kathleen Chevalier
western Pennsylvania, USA