Skipped stitches while free motion quilting

Gail

I am in the process of free motion quilting my second large quilt.  I had no problems doing the first one, and the second one started out ok.  Lately, I've been getting some skipped stitches and don't know why.  I am using the QC foot, single hole plate, blue dot bobbin case, purple tip needle and aurifil thread top and bottom.  Don't understand why this just started happening with the same set up I've been using.

Any suggestions will help
Thanks
Gail in FL

Did you change that purple tip needle after the first quilt? They aren't forever!