Thanks & questions

Beverly Leischner

Jim & Diane, Thanks for the in-the-hoop project. Sounds like a good stocking stuffer for my Tim Horton coffee lovers.

Yesterday wanted to do some piecing using the 1/4" foot. Love the accufeed feet on my 7700 and use the 1/4" foot all the time, setting the needle drop to the right so I get a scant 1/4". Looking thru the new feet for the 12000 I picked the wide dual feed holder and the dual feed quilt piecing foot OD. Got them on the machine fine but nowhere could I find a way to move the needle over for a 1/4" seam!

Decided to try the cloth guide set to 1/4" which worked - set it up with the regular ankle and the zig zag foot A and managed to do the small amount of piecing I had to do that way.
Is it possible to move the needle over on the 12000 to achieve a scant 1/4 " seam or should I just go do this type of sewing on the 7700 where I know how to set it up and start sewing in a matter of seconds? or can you direct me to information in the manual. Would the fact that I had the single needle plate on and not the wider one be the reason I couldn't move the needle? Just thought of that.

Did a little playing with the embroidery today and love the little flowers that designs FA10-14 and 15 produce. Free standing lace sew outs of the little butterflies in the FA hoop turned out well without using netting as is suggested in the instruction book. Just used aqua magic doubled.

Bev, Alberta, Canada