Re: Question about the 1/4" foot

robin_zelonis <robin@...>

You can either move the needle over to your perfect 1/4" or there is under special settings for quilting a button for 1/4" piecing. I believe it is 8.3 default. The stitch length is also shortened too. I don't have the machine infront of me to explain exactly but it might be easier to just move the needle till you find it.
Robin in Maine

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <jjems@...> wrote:

Just wondering if anyone that has the 12000 machine has had a chance to use the 1/4" foot. Am I wrong to assume that with the foot in place and the default stitch that comes up (middle position)that from the needle to the edge of the foot is 1/4"? Mine is at least 3/8" away from the edge and if I want a 1/4" seam then I'm having to move the needle over to the right by at least 2 mm (from 5.0 to 7.00). I must be doing something wrong because the purpose of this foot is to seam a 1/4" seam, right?

Julie in TX