Re: Using DST format

Anne Parker

Hi Ceil

You can set HLS to open the .dst file

I don't know what operating system you are using, but at least in my Windows 10 you can't set it using the normal Control Panel root - at least I can't find HLS or Emblink in the list of programs to assign it to.

However if you right click on any .dst file you should get an Open With option so you can assign to an app or program.  Click on that and you should get a list of programs to choose from.

HLS and EMBlink will not be in the list  - so it also then offers an option to look on your PC.  If you want to always open with the program you are going to select make sure that option is checked/ticked before going any further.

Select the option to look on your PC.  Mine took me to the Program Files folder - but you need to navigate from there to the Program Files (x86) folder.  Find the Janome folder - open and find the HorizonLinkFolder - open that and find the BIN folder - open that and select EMblinktool.exe.

This should open the file in EMblinktool.exe and then in the future open any .dst file in EMBlinktool - provided you put that check mark in at the beginning! :0)

Let me know if you have any problems
Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" Edgar's Mission | www.edgarsmission.org.au