Re: USB DRIVES & EMBROIDERY PROGRAMS & Embroidery unit

Cat - N

Sue,

First, I am so sorry you are having so may difficulties with getting the butterfly stitched on the pocket, and with the software.  I am sure all the missing pieces will turn up, but I understand how frustrating it can be.  Software works the way it works, unfortunately, and the way it works is not always intuitive to us.  Just the words used on the menus can be 'wrong thinking' to us...until we learn it well enough.  For those with a 'knack' to understand software, or who programmed, or who have used graphics software for almost 40 years and drew on the computer using commands and wrote OUR first graphics program ourselves, those things may be easier.

But, take heart...there is hope and help...and lots of it on the internet is lots of cases...finding it can be a challenge, too, since not every instruction, manual, video, tutorial, etc., is 'worded' such that it comes right back at the top of the list in a search either.  Whew...LOL

Now...

The SHELL program is actually called "Classic Shell" and it 'gives back' the START button and other 'familiar' interface items.  You can download it at:

    http://classicshell.net/

I installed it immediately after getting this new Windows 8.1 laptop.  (Some of us don't want our laptop PC to look and work like a smartphone, especially if THIS laptop is not touchscreen...LOL)

About Lessons...I don't know about Wilcom lesson, so cannot offer any advice.  If you really do want to digitize, you may want to check into lessons for 'any' software you select, especially if you have worked with a 'trial' of the software while keeping the instruction manual handy, and are still having issues or experiencing frustration at accomplishing what you want/need to do.

About telling the hoops apart...the AcuSetter app recommends that you take a permanent marker and 'blacken' the hoop 'registration' marks...those are the tiny marks at the corners of the hoop.  I also blackened with a Sharpie pen the orientation 'arrow' to make it easier for me to see.  If you don't want the black anymore, alcohol should remove the Sharpie ink...dab it quickly and remove it immediately.   If the hoops for the 12000 are white, and the hoops for the 15000 are black, it will be much easier to tell them apart.  I know which of my hoops are for my 11000 and which are for the 15000, but the black reg marks are a dead giveaway at the quickest of glances when they are together...LOL.

You should always be able to use the standard 'Windows (file) Explorer' to copy any file...embroidery files, too...to another media.  You don't need to 'see' the designs, but you will want to make sure you SEE the "file extension" so that you get all of the .JEF (and .DST or other embroidery format) files, and any associated .JPG and/or .PDF instructios, etc., too.  'File Preview" and the icon/thumbnail views don't show anything UNLESS there is a software application program that 'allows' it to.

In the interim, there is a program called SewWhat Pro that also has a trial at...there are several...here is one.

    https://www.akdesignsboutique.com/sewwhat-pro-embroidery-editing-software-swp-sewwhatpro-sew-what-pro/

...and the company that makes it:

    http://sandscomputing.com/

...there are Yahoo, FB groups, etc...click on SUPPORT at the top of the screen, and the manual is at:

    http://sandscomputing.com/Applications/SewWhat-Pro_Manual.pdf

...be sure to save a copy for later, if you decide to check out this software app.

I do not know how easy/difficult it will be for you to learn to do the things you want/need/ to do, but if it works for you, it is not very pricey, you can register it over the internet, and keep on using it.  You can 'merge' designs, resize, and sew lettering from any font installed on your PC.  There is a manual you can download, and it just might get you going for now.  You can "drag and drop" designs right onto designs you want to merge, or onto a "NEW" documents (File, New...) and you can print stitch charts with grid placement.  It is a nice program IMHO...just I want more....moRE...MORE...!!!LOL

I hope from this point on you have a more enjoyable time with your new 15000.

- Cat