Re: Thred Director

Lou Ann

If memory serves, I think I read on this forum that you have better luck when straight-wound thread (most metallics) is fed from a horizontal spool holder.  The thread is supposed to spin off from the side-not over the end caps.  It helps prevent loops which help prevent kinks which help prevent thread breaks and other heartaches:))  I still have to set the speed as slow as possible and sit there prepared for whatever the metallic thread wants to throw at me!

[Memory almost serves]
Straight-wound thread works best from a VERTICAL spool holder (such as the extra spool pin provided with the machine) so the thread rolls off from the side.