Re: Gutermann Holoshimmer thread experience

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

I'm not anything resembling an expert, but I was in a quilting club, where the instructor spent a couple of hours explaining about thread.  She explained what made some threads  better than others.  I'm sure there are people who can elaborate   I learned a long time ago that teachers need to know much more than they plan to teach others!  I'm definitely the student, and not the teacher!  Especially since I don't do much piecing, and have someone else quilt them, I've been using either Superior or Aurifil.  I was told many years ago that the Sulky sliver" doesn't do particularly well with the machine.  Maybe someone  who knows about thread could enlighten me at least!

I'm such a procrastinator.  I bought the 15000 last November, and haven't even unpacked it.    I keep telling myself that I need to take a picture of the 12000 so I can put it up for sale.  I had planned on throwing in the large hoop, the accessory case,and the 5 thread stand, but now they're including them with the machine, and selling the new 12000 for $6000.  I don't want to fall into the trap of asking too much, and not selling it at all.  Whatever I can sell it for will my payments smaller.  My dealer finances them in house for 24 months. I think I remember a different dealer saying that they pay a hefty fee for accepting the extended finance cards.  Maybe that's how my dealer is able to offer "bonuses" with the machines he sells.  His prices are fair, and stands behind every machine he sells.  Someone asked if he would do that with used Janome machines they purchased privately. I think she was pushing it a bit!  My 12000 was a floor model that could have been taken for brand new.  I need to make sure I have everything that belongs with it, so I don't get complaints that there were missing pieces!  I once met someone I knew to sell her a Babylock, and by the time I got home, there was an e-mail listing everything that was missing.  After that, I made sure that everything on the included accessory list was there,  A friend of mine actually came over and we went through it all together.  After I sold my last BabyLock, I realized I forgot to send along all the extra bobbins, so I gave them to a friend who has a BabyLock and a Janome.  I bought a box of the pink Janome ones so there's no chance of mixing them up.

I've learned so much from everyone.  Since I don't know that much about machines and solutions to problems I've experienced as well.  Thanks to everyone who shares who their expertise with all of us.  (Jim, I love all the quips that precede your answers. We can all use a little more humor in our lives!)  Will let everyone know when I finally take the plunge and sell the 12000 🙆