Thread Cutter Question

Meryl Margolies

During embroidery (I don't know about regular sewing right now), my machine cuts the thread, but it is not releasing easily and it's leaving a really long tail when I disengage it. This started happening a little while ago, it semi-annoying, and wastes precious thread (LOL). I hope I explained this well enough to get an expert "fix."

Thank you.

[Lacking credentials to be classified as an "expert", Jim offer his opinion]

It sounds like there is debris caught in the thread cutter so it's not cutting cleanly. As the tail drags out the thread is finally pulled free to complete the cut. Sadly this is not in an area that you can get to, so it will need the attention of a technician.