Re: Needles

HEATHER COWAN

Organ needles makes the purple tip for Janome.  You can buy them from Marathon threads in Canada or USA.  The number is 15x1SP.  You can also get it in ballpoint which I like 15x1SPBP.  Allstitch in USA has 100 for about $27.   They have the cobra head and elongated eye which makes a little different opening in fabric giving thread a smoother path.  I love them for free motion as well as embroidery.  They Were primarily designed for elastic but are great for all home sewing and embroidery machines.
Heather

On Apr 2, 2016, at 8:30 AM, gail_menard@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

A number of months ago I read a post on here about which Organ needles were the same as the Janome Red, Blue and Purple needles.  I've done a search but can't find it.  Does anyone remember this and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Gail in FL

Trying to remember his way back from the mailbox, Jim struggles to pull this out:

Janome red tip needles are size 14 universal. Blue tip are size 11 universal, although they might also be stretch if packed with the machine. The purple tip may not be available as Organ needles. They have a special tip and are sold by Janome in packages of 5. If anyone has found a bulk source for those, please post as they are pretty expensive in the 5 pack and they are quickly becoming the needle of choice for embroiderers and quilters.