Re: Blue and Pink Janome Bobbins

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

Hi Jane,
I'm so sorry about your daughter. I lost my son 3 years ago, and it is truly devastating.  I don't remember how I found them, but there's an international organization called Compassionate Friends.  It's a support group for parents, grandparents and siblings of the children we have lost.  You may already know about them, but by posting this, it may help other parents who are dealing with the loss of a child.  I find it comforting to be with people who know how I feel, and understand that everyone grieves differently.  There is no judgement or criticism, just people who know how you feel, and are there listen to and support the group members.  It's a unique situation where those who haven't experienced that loss can't feel the pain, no matter how they sympathize, and no one wants them to.  It's not for everyone, but it's there for anyone who might need some support.  Well meaning friends say it's "time to move on", and the group is there to remind us that there is no right or wrong way to feel or act.  I have no affiliation, and am not pushing it on anyone.  Everyone's experience is unique, and some may prefer not to share anything.  I mention it to people only to let them know it exists and is there for anyone.  I hope no one is offended by this post; it was only to let people know of one more resource for them if they want it.