Re: Blue and Pink Janome Bobbins

Anne Parker

I don't know the actual answer - if there is one.  I always thought they were just different colours so you could identify what type/weight of thread you had on them.  So you could use pink for say ordinary sewing thread, blue for say embroidery thread, and clear for bobbin thread - just my thoughts.

Having different colour bobbins is one of the reasons - apart from price - that I ordered 3 lots of 25 from China in great bobbin boxes (about £2 or £3 with postage each).  Each box has 5 different colours.  There are only a couple which are a bit tight over the bobbin winding spindle, but I haven't found any issues at all in using any of them.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94302460@N03/
​E​
sets/

"Live like someone left the gate open". Kimberly Burnham