Re: Thinking of buying

HC <happycamper_au@...>

Sorry but my message has been misunderstood...I was not for one minute suggesting the OP buy a machine out of country, I was merely suggesting she/he might check eBay and used this machine as an example. It's being sold by a dealer who states full warranty is available and it's being listed on eBay due to being overstocked. All I know is what I read on eBay and was only making a suggestion and trying to help another member.

Not everyone has a dealer at the end of the street, some of us have to travel an hour or two and buying on eBay (and similar) are our only options.

Think I'll head back to my sewing before I get jumped on again!

That's a little risky. First, because the warranty on an Australian machine is with Janome Australia, not valid in the US. Second, you will likely have to pay Customs fees when the machine comes into the US. When the value is over $2,000 (may be different now, this was a few years ago), you need to pay the carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc.) before they will even deliver it. By the time you add in the extra costs, you'll be at a price that a US dealer will meet and you'll get to see it before you pay for it!