Re: Introduction

Anne Parker

Judy

I believe you can run Janome software on Macs provided you can give it a Windows enironment to run in.  I've seen Jim mention Parallels to do this but I have not experience of it or Macs so hopefully he will provide some info or others that use it -  or you could simple search the forum for information about it or look at their website.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"Live like someone left the gate open". Kimberly Burnham

From his chair in front of his Mac, Jim says:
Parallels is an option for using Windows on a Mac, but not my first choice. The authors love to update the software at a furious pace and it's not at all uncommon for an update to break running virtual machines until they fix the update bugs. I much prefer VMware Fusion, which does not update as fast but is much more stable. Yet another option is VirtualBox, which is free but is more geeky to use. I have a free document discussing the use of a Mac with Janome software. You can download it here.