From: stilljustjudy@... [janome12000]
To: janome12000
Sent: Sun, Mar 20, 2016 3:19 pm
Subject: [janome12000] Re: HowJanome Dealer Sent My Machine Home After Service

Ouch!

Bad enough to have a machine that's not working, but to have onesies to sew and not be able to get them sewn borders on torturous!  I'm so sorry this happened to you!  I like my dealer, but the first assumption is still that *I* have done something wrong to cause the trouble.  It's never the machine's fault.  That's a peeve!

The thought of having to take my husband or another advocate in with me saddens me since the dealers are there for service to those of us who added to their profits by purchasing machines from them....

Strategy advice: Mare sure YOU initiate the conversation by sharing your expertise and knowledge on the issue.  Take your manual in with you to show the limited Janome information you've had access to, and maybe show some print-outs from this group to let the tec h person know you have done your research.  The question I'd then ask the dealer might go something like this: "Do you think the new threader part might be the solution for us on this recurrent problem?"

I spent HOURS over a couple of weeks troubleshooting the needle threader with the manual and the Janome site. I then found this group.  When I went into the dealer, I shared how I had seen discussions online about others having the same problem.  While I didn't get blamed using this proactive approach, I didn't get the needle threader fixed either.

The dealer seemed to think the fix would be  on-spot simple, but after about 30 minutes, the tech called out an assistant, and neither of them could make the needle threader  work!  I left my machine, picked it up the next day, supposedly fix ed, but it still didn't work.

Another trip to the dealer is in my near future.  I've procrastinated this for weeks since I too need my machine to finish stuff I'm making for the grands!  This time I will call first and present the information Jim shared about the new part so they can get on top of this before I drop my machine off:

Also note that they have very quietly replaced the part of the threader that holds the thread (862627005) with one that holds it more securely. Your dealer may not know about that, and can order the part and install it for you.
Should it really be so unpleasant to take a machine under warranty in for service????

Judy B