Re: HowJanome Dealer Sent My Machine Home After Service [1 Attachment]

Pixey

You don't indicate whether you have been dealing with the Manager/Owner or just the sales and repair staff.  I had a bad experience a while back with a sales representative and complained directly to the person in charge (honestly not sure whether he is the actual owner or just long time local manager).  He apologized and made things right and it has actually made the relationship stronger...which was good when I recently had some major machine issues.

So if you have not been dealing with the senior on-site manager, I would suggest doing so.  Going in with all the details and trying to lay out frustrations without getting too emotional.  If you are already dealing with the manager/owner, I would either go back and explain one last time I am not happy and point out when/if you feel condescended to (the person may not realize they are doing it).  But ultimately, your options may be to push it up the chain with Janome or walk away and try to find another dealer...if possible.  Though that dealer may not necessarily be any better as I learned a time or two when I have visited other dealers who stock different accessories.

On Saturday, March 19, 2016, 4:11 PM, 'navillusc@...' navillusc@... [janome12000] wrote:

I am just in shock.  What would you do if you took your Janome embroidery machine to a Janome dealer because it was not embroidering correctly, and asked for it to be checked along with an annual service and cleaning?  This is a machine which has gone to this dealer before for top thread being wrapped around the bobbin, and thread nesting in the bobbin case.This dealer has blamed me and everything 'but' an issue with the machine on every occasion I have asked for the issues to be looked into, and I do not expect it to e free service, but I do expect an honest and fair assessment, and NOT to be talked down to and reprimanded when I say the machine 'just isn't right' yet.  This dealer 'hopes' to sell me my 15000, too.

I wanted to use it this weekend...I couldn't finish the baby onsies for my soon-to-arrive grandson and wanted to get them done.  Now I am torn between having to wait and let hubby take it back Monday...and not getting to go myself, or just 'chalking it up' to this 'service' which has become 'typical' of this dealer, sadly...in my experience, anyway.

My question is serious, though...what...would YOU do?

- Cat