Re: HowJanome Dealer Sent My Machine Home After Service

Cheryl Paul

Hi Cat

Firstly, I wouldn't allow the dealer to talk DOWN to me.  Also, if you take your husband in with you, there is someone in your ball park to stick up for you.  The dealer may also be less inclined to make it appear to be "your fault" that the machine isn't working right.  It really makes me angry when I hear that "the customer is wrong", because that isn't the case.  We may sometimes not understand the correct threading, or getting the bobbin case in correctly, but before one is blamed, it should be established that what is being done is not correct.  Just KNOW that you aren't wrong.  If you have a choice let your dealer know that you are very unhappy and you have another choice for purchasing your next machine and that it isn't HIM/HER.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

---In janome12000@..., <navillusc@...> wrote :

I am just in shock.  What would you do if you took your Janome embroidery machine to a Janome dealer because it was not embroidering correctly, and asked for it to be checked along with an annual service and cleaning?  This is a machine which has gone to this dealer before for top thread being wrapped around the bobbin, and thread nesting in the bobbin case.This dealer has blamed me and everything 'but' an issue with the machine on every occasion I have asked for the issues to be looked into, and I do not expect it to e free service, but I do expect an honest and fair assessment, and NOT to be talked down to and reprimanded when I say the machine 'just isn't right' yet.  This dealer 'hopes' to sell me my 15000, too.

I wanted to use it this weekend...I couldn't finish the baby onsies for my soon-to-arrive grandson and wanted to get them done.  Now I am torn between having to wait and let hubby take it back Monday...and not getting to go myself, or just 'chalking it up' to this 'service' which has become 'typical' of this dealer, sadly...in my experience, anyway.

My question is serious, though...what...would YOU do?

- Cat