I'm new here!

Sandy Lightfoot

Hi All,
Thanks for letting me join your group. Here’s a little bit about myself….
I’ve been machine embroidering for seventeen years, my first machine was a Brother 8500 which I bought to cheer myself up after being diagnosed with Stage 1V Ovarian cancer. It proved to be the perfect medicine, because I became totally obsessed with machine embroidery and digitizing. Since then I’ve had the Brother 2003D (sold it last year), Bernina 210 (upgraded to the 730), Brother Quattro, Bernina 830 and a Husqvarna SE Designer. My sewing room isn’t very big so I’m hoping to sell or trade the Bernina 730 so that the Memory Craft 15000 can fit into the allotted space!

I don’t have the Memory Craft 15000 yet, but I have the brochure right in front of me and it looks like an exciting machine - the iPad connection is particularly appealing:-) It’s my 70th birthday in a week, so am trying to convince hubby that I really, really NEED a new machine. BTW, I used to have (many moons ago) a Memory Craft 7 and loved it - did a ton of sewing on it:-)

I’ve been reading a few of the reviews about the 15000 and it appears that it had problems with the needle threader at some point in time. Is this true? Or, perhaps it was one of those glitches when the machine was first released and has since been fixed?

I see it has ’snap-on-feet’ and was wondering if this applies to the embroidery foot as well? The embroidery foot for the Brother Quattro is the screw-on type, which is difficult for Arthritic fingers, so it never gets used as a sewing machine.

Also wondering if pre-filled bobbins can be used on this machine, and if they can, which size is used?

I do a lot of digitizing with Version 7 Bernina software but initially learned with Brother software. I also have 5D software, but haven’t spent a lot of time learning how to use it (I know I should, but there are only so many hours in a day, right?)

There’s nothing quite like the excitement of getting a new machine and learning how to use it. I haven’t seen the machine being demonstrated yet, so that’s my plan, all being well, in the next few days.

If anyone has any advice or tips (good or bad) about this machine, I’m all ears. I see there’s a $500 rebate offer right now, so NOW would be a good time to jump in.

Thanks for listening … I look forward to hearing from you.

Sandy Lightfoot, B.C. Canada.