Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:35 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Thinking of buying

That's a little risky. First, because the warranty on an Australian machine is with Janome Australia, not valid in the US. Second, you will likely have to pay Customs fees when the machine comes into the US. When the value is over $2,000 (may be different now, this was a few years ago), you need to pay the carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc.) before they will even deliver it. By the time you add in the extra costs, you'll be at a price that a US dealer will meet and you'll get to see it before you pay for it!