Re: Corel Draw Essentials. and saving vectors to cdr format

Lois W <LoisWms@...>

I don't know if this is what you want to do, but I was able to save a graphic file from the Corel part by using
 instead of <save as>.

From: "Jim_Stutsman"
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:26:53 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Corel Draw Essentials. and saving vectors to cdr format

I just received the explanation. This behavior is by design:

In Graphics Mode, the Corel window is embedded in the Janome application. File > Save and File > Save As are actually saving a JAN file in which the CorelDRAW portion is embedded as a sub-document of the JAN file document. Hence the switch back to Embroidery mode to present the embroidery Save dialog.

This is also done as Corel has no idea about embroidery so it avoids problems if the user selected File > Save with embroidery in Graphics Mode.

How do you save as CDR from Graphics Mode? Basically you can't. If you just want to save vectors as a CDR file you must use the standalone CorelDRAW Essentials.

So if you want to use Corel as a graphic tool, it's best done using the separate Corel menu item in Windows. Once you invoke it from within DIgitizer MBX, it's going to be strictly an embroidery tool, even when working with graphic files.