Re: Any one use a Bernina too?

Barb Engvall

Interesting that this just came up. I was watching some of the videos on the 15000 app the other night and one of them was about free motion quilting…if you use the straight stitch 2 foot option that uses the QO or QC foot you can adjust the height of the presser foot. I was making a cover for my 15000 and used fusible fleece and no lining and this worked beautifully. I know it won’t help the original poster with her problem, but just wanted to add what I had learned. Straight Stitch 2 does automatically lower the presser foot.

On Jan 15, 2016, at 4:22 AM, jcole110 <no_reply@...> wrote:

You mention that you are quilting on a 2 layer quilt sandwich, I take this to mean that you are not using a material backing on the piece you are quilting.  None of my machines like to sew with batting against the feed dogs and the results of my attempts sound like what you are describing.  If this is what you are trying to do, a strip of tear away stabilizer between the feed dogs and the batting should fix the problem.

Jay