Re: Modifying Koala Desk

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

I have the Koala Treasure Chest IV, and love the extra height because I'm tall, and it would have killed my back to use the regular height extension on the back for cutting. I was able to purchase the floor model with everything available for it.  I wouldn't have bought it if I had to get the lower height!  My sewing room is part of my living room, and I wanted something that looked like furniture.  Space is limited, so even though it takes a lot of space, there's so much storage built in, that it works for me.  Not crazy about the chair.  It's pitched too far forward, and hard to climb onto it.  There's a great one somewhere, but it's quite expensive, and I don't even remember the name!  No one in my house is handy, so everything I get has to be used as is, so this was a good solution for me.  The store was discounting floor models 20%, so it seemed like the best solution.  The 12000 fits perfectly on the lift, but I don't think anything larger would fit.  As it is, the 5 thread stand on the back makes it just a tiny bit too tall to lower it.  It was attached to the machine when I got it, and it seems to only come off by taking the screws out, so I don't lower it!

There's so much to learn about the 12000, but I love the reliability of it more than anything else.  I've finally stopped waiting to see what's going to go wrong when I sew.  It's so forgiving, and rather than getting birds nests, I usually just get the broken thread message.  I went wit5h a friend to pick up her 12000, and vowed right then to get one as soon as the 15000 came out, so I could get a trade in.  (Got the floor model, which to me was even better!)  Sue